Wonderworks Children’s Museum Seeking Childcare Partner
Wonderworks Children’s Museum is seeking a childcare partner to lease our space into 2021. Due to health and safety regulations, our museum is unable to fully operate until the state of Oregon enters phase 4. We also recognize our community’s need for more, affordable childcare.
Wonderworks Board is seeking an experienced childcare partner to lease the museum space and establish a childcare center. This lease would include the full use of the museum and its equipment. The initial lease would be short term while Wonderworks and the childcare partner develop a plan for a long term partnership. This would include the planning and updating of existing unused space in the back of the museum building. Once the museum is allowed to reopen to regular operation, the childcare partner would operate their childcare center from the newly updated space and share facilities with the museum.
This unique partnership would require a childcare partner who is:
- Creative and able to develop a certified childcare center within the existing museum facility
- Familiar with state rules and licensing processes
- Experienced with establishing new childcare centers
- Focused on serving the needs of our diverse community
- Willingness to collaborate with Wonderworks on the use and design of space
If interested, please contact Karly Aparicio, Board Chair, at email@example.com. The process to select a partner will include an initial Conversation with the Board Chair and a formal presentation to the Board.